Are you thinking about selling your home? If you are, we have 22 helpful interview questions to ask your next real estate agent!
Finding the right real estate agent is like finding someone to spend your life with: it may take longer than you think and requires a lot of work, but the perfect match is out there waiting for you - you just have to find the one. While reading reviews and getting referrals from friends and family can be helpful, this may not be as valuable as you might think. Here are 22 great interview questions to ask your next real estate agent.
The right agent makes ALL the difference.
Ask your potential agent the questions below to help decide if they are a good fit for your needs or if you should keep searching:
1. How familiar are you with my neighborhood?
2. How long have you been working in residential real estate?
3. Is real estate your full-time job?
4. What marketing strategy will you use to sell my home?
5. What pricing strategy do you suggest and why?
6. Aside from MLS which sends information to Zillow/ Trulia, what other digital marketing do you offer?
7. Will you market in YouTube and if so can you send me a link of one of your listings? (look at number of views to gage marketing success)
8. What types of print marketing, such as flyers, brochures, and specifically newspapers do you offer?
9. How do you market nationally and internationally to get the highest price and best terms possible?
10. What kind of professional services compliment your team, such as photography, staging, videography, copy writing, etc.?
11. Will you have a lockbox or personally show every interested buyer?
12. Would you consider yourself more of a one-person shop or do you operate in a team environment?
13. How will you keep me informed about the listing or sale of my home?
14. Can you recommend service providers who can help me obtain a mortgage, make home repairs, help with other things I need done? Title/ Escrow Company? Attorney? Lender? Inspector?
15. What is your business philosophy/personality?
16. What cosmetic changes/improvements do you recommend? Estimated costs?
17. What other costs can I expect?
18. What is your commission?
19. What is your estimated marketing budget for your properties?
20. How much sales volume did you have last year?
21. Why should I hire you over your competition?
22. What haven’t I asked you that I need to know?
Pacific Union International was born in California in 1975, founded by two entrepreneurs in a single office in San Francisco. Forty years later, it’s the number one independent real estate firm in California, with over $14 billion in sales last year.
Defined by teamwork, trust and innovation, backed by innovative tools and vast connections, our skilled real estate professionals know how to interpret the evolving California landscape to our clients’ advantage.
51 office locations in Northern and Southern California
1,700 real estate professionals
$14 billion in sales volume last year
#1 Independent in Los Angeles (Los Angeles Business Journal 2017)
#1 Independent in California (RealTrends 2017)
Why Should I hire the Pacific Union to market my property?
The “proof is in the pudding.” Marketing a home needs to be more strategic than just putting it on MLS and crossing your fingers. The #1 Independent Brokerage in California, Pacific Union puts an unparalleled marketing effort behind their 1st class service. Knowing Marketing is far more involved than “price” – more buyers see their listings than any other team in the world using print, digital, SEO, videos, Facebook, YouTube, global mansion, luxury websites, newspapers, Zillow, Trulia, Propgoluxury, direct marketing, fliers, and why no other team can compete with the monthly marketing budget.
I already have an agent in mind, a family friend –you guys sound expensive?
Actually, the compensation or commission is the same in most cases. That’s right- you get 1st class service for a coach ticket. Pacific Union bears all the risk in marketing expenses and no commission is earned until a sale closes. Also, instead of working with 1 agent, you will have an entire team working for you with a personal touch and constant communication.
If I sell my home I need to find one I’m happy with, do you only represent sellers?
Because Pacific Union markets so heavily, we consistently have over 350 listings on the market and hundreds off the market. We are confident we can find your dream home, whether it be on desirable Trousdale Estates in Beverly Hills, away from the city life in Mar Vista, or a prime sunset view in Hollywood Hills - There is no assignment to small or large for us.
How do you help me sell my home for the highest price possible?
That’s a great question. Most agents think marketing is all about the Price, but it is far more than that. The 4 P’s of marketing real estate are “Property, Placement, Price, and Promotion”. We at the Stanfield Team strategically market each property beginning with the consultation about how to best position the property in the current market.